At Altiknits we proudly hold social and environmental sustainability as the company’s core values.
Our strong commitment to social responsibility is evident throughout the company’s practices and production process:
- We are a Certified WRAP (Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production) facility.
- All workers receive health and retirement benefits, paid vacation, and double pay for overtime.
- We provide food subsidies to factory workers.
- Ergonomic chairs for all our workers.
- Close to 80% of our workforce are women; many of whom are the sole providers of their households.
- Preservation of Bolivia’s strong heritage of knitting by providing job opportunities through this activity.
- The use fiber dyes with low environmental impact.
- A water treatment plant has been mounted by our sister company and yarn provider to treat the production ́s water residues.
- Low-carbon emissions through the use of natural gas as our main source for heating.
- The use of biodegradable plastic bags for shipping.
ALTIKNITS is proud to comply with the principles WRAP